- 10-12 ounces Apco Chorizo Especial, cooked and drained
- 1-½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1-½ cups shredded queso quesadilla cheese
- Sturdy tortilla chips for dipping
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat broiler
- Remove chorizo from casings.
- Brown chorizo in a medium skillet until crumbly, and then drain.
- In a medium ovenproof skillet or ceramic baking dish, add the cheeses and broil until melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with chorizo and cilantro and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- This dip is supposed to be stringy and hot. If it cools and becomes too hard to dip, simply heat a few minutes.
Variations: You can also use Oaxaca cheese instead of queso quesadilla. If neither is available, use all mozzarella.